Ecothrive Biosys Instant Microbial Tea
€5.00 – €58.00 inc. VAT
The microbes in Biosys improve root function, increase nutrient and water availability, help with disease prevention, speed up the breakdown organic matter and improve plant growth.
Breathe new life into your plants with Biosys—the complete microbial solution.
Biosys contains a unique blend of microbes and natural plant growth stimulants. Easy and quick to mix and use, nothing immediately improves the health of your root zone quite like Biosys.
Biosys is a concentrated powder that you add to water to make what we call a ‘microbe tea’. It contains some quite complex ingredients that work on a few levels. The microbes in Biosys improve root function, increase nutrient and water availability, help with disease prevention, speed up the breakdown organic matter and improve plant growth. These organisms include;
8 Species of Endo mycorrhizal fungi
2 Species of Pseudomonas
2 Species of Nitrogen fixing bacteria
8 Species of Bacillus
2 Species of Trichoderma
Biosys also contains biological catalysts to allow activation and continued growth of beneficial bacteria and fungi within the root zone. These catalysts that activate and sustain the microbes include humic acids, amino acids, enzymes, proteins, carbohydrates and seaweed extract.
When added to water and applied to root zone, Biosys comes to life quickly to improve the root environment of your crop. Biosys is ideal for use outdoors on open soil, as well as indoors with potting soil, coco, hydroponic growing media (such as rockwool) and even in hydroponic systems with little or no growing media.
It is very suitable to (re)populate, to stimulate and maintain the biological balance in the root zone. Biosys is ideally applied during propagation of seedlings or cuttings, with subsequent applications every 1-2 weeks indoors, and every 4 weeks outdoors. Biosys has a unique action that quickly populates the rhizosphere with a diversity of natural micro-organisms to enable your plants to thrive.
- Biosys contain beneficial bacteria, fungi, enzymes and plant growth stimulants and microbial catalysts all in an easy to use powder!
- Biosys stimulates rooting of cuttings and promotes both vegetative and generative plant development.
- Maintains a healthy root zone throughout the entire plant cycle.
- Biosys enriches the rhizosphere with a natural balance of micro-organisms.
- These improve plant growth and allow healthy uptake of water and nutrients.
- Helps plants recover quickly from periods of stress.
- Biosys is highly concentrated.
- The microbial catalysts in Biosys are water soluble.
- No brewing necessary, an advanced instant alternative to aerated compost tea!
- Biosys is very easy to apply – straight away!
What are the Microbes in Biosys, and what do they do?
There are 8 species of Endo Mycorrhizae in Biosys. These improve the plants access to available water in the growing media and improve the uptake of certain nutrients, most importantly phosphorus. Mycorrhizal fungi achieve this through a clever relationship. Soon after germinating near a root, the mycorrhizal fungi invade the root tissue and establish exchange sites within the root cells known as arbuscules. These arbuscules allow the plant and fungi to interact, enabling the plant to feed the fungi sugars (manufacture in the leaves and translocated to the roots). In return the fungi gathers water and nutrients through its fungal network that it spreads throughout the growing media, and transports them directly to the plant.
In Biosys we include some bacillus species and a nitrogen fixing bacteria called Azospirillum that are known to help the establishment and ongoing function of mycorrhizae.
The 8 species of Bacillus in Biosys are included for their properties in assisting mycorrhizae. As well as, for inhibiting the growth of potential pathogens, promoting root growth, solubilisation of locked up minerals and organic matter degradation for conversion to nutrition.
Biosys also contains
Another species of nitrogen fixing bacteria called Azotobacter, as well as Azospirillum. Both these micro-organisms live close to the root surface and take nitrogen from the air and turn it into a form the plants can use. These allow growers the opportunity to reduce their Nitrogen inputs into their growing systems.
There are also 2 species of Pseudomonas that help with degradation of complex organic matter and help with pathogen control. Some of the Bacillus, Pseudomonas and Nitrogen fixers are also classed as plant growth promoting rhizobacteria, now commonly abbreviated to PGPR’s. These clever organisms have evolved to produce hormone substances such as cytokinin’s and auxins.
Lastly, we have also included 2 species Trichoderma in Biosys. Trichoderma are great to have around the root zone for disease prevention as well as degrading organic matter.
Biosys Also Contains
Microbial catalysts and plant growth promoting foods – Humic acids, amino acids, enzymes, yeasts, proteins, carbohydrates and seaweed extract.
When Should I use Biosys?
For best results, use Biosys during the early propagation phase of your plants growing cycle. Re-apply at the first potting stage, and thereafter use every 1-2 weeks indoors and once a month outdoors. See below for more application info.
- Dissolve powder by stirring well.
- Avoid adding the powder to a nutrient solution above 1.5 EC.
- Ideal for use with soil and coco as a weekly ‘flush’.
- Biosys can be used with both vegetables and flowers in potting soils/soil-less mixes and for outdoor cultivation in open ground.
- Do not spray or pour over flowers.
- Re-seal the container after use and store in a dry location below 25°C.
- Ideal for use alongside Ecothrive Charge.
10 g, 50 g, 250 g